The canvas explained
- X and Y axis icon : In red, you have the X-axis, as you can see the default X-axis goes from left to right. In Green, you have to Y-axis that goes from up to bottom by default. The icon rotates when the camera rotates.
- The Grid : By default, you have a grid of 800 by 600 pixels with each cell measuring 50 by 50 pixels.
- Current FPS : The number of frames during one (1) second.
- Frame duration : How much time the last frame took.
- Current View : World view if you are working on the Game World and Screen View if you are working on a Game Screen.
Show & Hide Canvas Items
You can show or hide the Grid and the Information text (axis icon, current view, fps, frame duration) using the check buttons on the lower right of the Editor.